Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Great Unknown.

Go down 
+10
Rythmear
mikeimp
Wario-Man
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Malahite
The Rev
GREGOLE
The Nordic Ninja
lami
Spykeofkonoha
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:20 pm

"Really?" Ryla was dissapointed. Usually they had something to say to that one.
"Well if your life's really that boring, you won't mind if I go ahead and eat you."

Her coils parted, allowing some ground around her victim. Ryla reached down to him, her dinosaur-like claw shifting and twisting into a more human-like appendage as she did.
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:22 pm

The Rev looked closer. What is she doing?
Back to top Go down
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
The Nordic Ninja

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:28 pm

Systath arrives on the scene and has his hopes dashed when he sees that the situation isn't as he expected. Instead of seeing a happily singing native, his eyes were laying upon a very large half-human half-reptilian being of questionable intentions reaching down towards a decidedly distracted looking human. Systath cocked his eyebrow in confusion, took cover behind a tree and quietly repeated, "Where in the hell am I?!"
Back to top Go down
http://adultswimrules.deviantart.com/
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:29 pm

"What!" he exclaimed. He noticed she gave him a little more running room and was reaching down for him. Almost as if it were instinct, blood red crystals shot shot from the forearms of this cornered man. They cover his entire forearm up to his elbows, encasing them in their hardened protection and spiking outward.

"Just because I'm not doing anything at the moment," he stated before looking back up into her eyes. "That doesn't mean I've resigned myself to death just yet." He watched that hand as it descended, eagerly trying to get a hold of him.

"I won't go easily."
Back to top Go down
http://Spykeofkonoha.deviantart.com
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:32 pm

The Rev fingered his trigger. Looks like that human isn't human after all! What's going on here!?
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:35 pm

Ryla paused, both surprised and delighted by the sudden display.

"From a mute to a drama queen, eh? I was beginning to think you weren't gonna be any fun."

Ryla turned, glancing over to Rev's hiding place.
"Any comments, deary, or am I just too much?"
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:40 pm

An opening, James made his move and allowed the crystals on his right arm to focus into a spear as he charged forward and thrust the point straight at the large female's coils.
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:44 pm

The Rev thought about speaking, remembering how the creature reacted to the other person's silence, but found that he couldn't even get any words out. He ended up just waving, and then had an idea. I wonder if it can climb trees...

Red strapped the AK-47 to his back and, when the creature turned away, began to climb the tree. The bark didn't give, and he was an experienced tree climber, and was up ten feet in the air within six seconds No time to think about the situation at hand. I can do that later..
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:45 pm

Ryla flinched reflexively as the barb slammed into her scales. Normally, said scales could withstand anti-tank rounds, but the fact that a small portion of her tail was struck by the spear created a small jolt of pain which siezed her attention. She turned back to face her quarry and frowned.

"That was awfully rude, don't ya think?" She abruptly released her coils from around him.
"You play rough, I don't like you."

She turned instead to Rev.
"Well, deary, I suppose your turn comes early."
She lunged.
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:51 pm

The Rev was caught off guard by her attack and jumped upward in the tree. He grabbed onto the lowest branch and pulled himself upwards, just barely dodging the assault. He pulled out his rifle and, refusing to make the mistake the other person did, fired at the creature. The bullets whizzed past her, inches from the side of her head where her eye was.

"Back off!" His voice was rough from not speaking for so long. "I don't miss by accident!" His voice was full of what may have been anger, but could also have been fear.
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:53 pm

Diamonds, they were molecularly similar to diamonds and they didn't even penetrate this creature's scales. "What the hell is that girl made of?" he asked to himself as the large creature moved off toward her next victim.

"Wait," he said to get her attention. "What's your name?"

He had no clue why he was asking her name, she had tried to eat him but somehow she had lost interest in him. By all accounts he should have ran off and tried to get help. Still, he couldn't forget that little lecture about being a hero from that little man named Hiro.

"And why are you trying to eat us?" It came too little too late though as she lunged after the other man.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 12:04 am

"I do," Ryla frowned, somewhat frustrated by her blatant miss.
She turned down to the shiny red figure she had met first.

"Well, deary, it's quite simple really. It's fun. I've always done it, and I've never looked back. You should try it sometime."
She turned to Rev and frowned, "I'll get back to you."
She leaned down, looking the shiny one right in the eye.
"Besides that, its better me than anyone else round here. I know quite fistfull of ladies around here who would gobble you up twice as fast as me and be half as nice about it."
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 12:09 am

He took a slight step back, despite her good looks she was definitely an intimidating figure. "Why? Surely there are other creatures around here that could be more appetizing than us?"

He was confused, he had never been on the lower end of a fork so to speak and it was a shock to the system.
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 12:09 am

((I've got to go now, I can't come back on till tomorrow. sorry Sad . Whatever happens, you can decide. Stupid life Mad ))
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 12:12 am

Ryla looked to her left, then to her right.
"You see any? Cause I don't. Look, I'm terribly sorry about the inconvinience, but w all have to eat, and I just happen to have to eat about five or six thousand times more than you do. Oh, I'm sorry, my name's Ryla."
Back to top Go down
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
The Nordic Ninja

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 12:16 am

Systath silently watches the unfolding events through the scope of his sniper. All the while contemplating what his next move should be. A task that comes rather difficult to him what with all of the new and unusual phenomenons flooding his mind all at once.
Back to top Go down
http://adultswimrules.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 6:18 am

((Ooh, this may pose a problem. I tend to get online around 2pm-9pm Eastern Coast time. Much of these posts tend to be made, well, much later, so I might slow things down.))

Ponderously a large robed form stamped through the dense woodlands of Felarya, rain droplets smattering of the now thoroughly soaked brown robe. The foliage above would have prevented any serious damage from the rain, but he didn't want to risk a sudden disturbance releasing the payload from above or a sort of 'roadblock' in the form of a canopy gap.

It was several long minutes before Wes'li heard something. Something other then rain and his own heavy footfalls, at least. It sounded almost like a sort of... singing. Now, he had heard the tales of the outside world, and seen for himself some of the strange beings that roamed around here. Odds were that, if something was singing in the middle of the forest during the middle of a rainstorm, it wasn't good news. It could be a predator trying to lure prey or, a worse event that could befall him, a Faerie looking for some new 'playmates'.

Though tempting to search out the source of the singing, Wes'li knew it wouldn't be the most intelligent thing he could do. Rain could get worse, and the Sphere is still several days walk away. Slowly, his heavy form made its way in a path that he hoped would put him around the singing creature.

((Your calls if he wanders overtop Nordic, Gregole hears the heavy footfalls, etc.))
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 8:01 am

"Hello, Rayla"
At that moment, The Rev jumped to the low branch above him and pulled himself up onto it. He ran over to the tree and staarted to climb.
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 7:30 pm

James couldn't believe his ears, she called their situation an "inconvenience." In his mind it wasn't an inconvenience but rather evil but the more he thought about it over the past two seconds, the more it seemed to fit. This wasn't his home world, nor was it something he could easily accept as the norm in any sort of society and yet here he was, in the midst of a place that considered him a food item.

And judging on the size of this girl, this Ryla she could easily swallow him whole without much trouble. However, those teeth and that impish smile made him think that she may have had something else on her mind.

Just then he heard the other man try and grab Ryla's attention. "Hello, Ryla," he said before climbing higher into the tree. He couldn't believe it, this normal human was trying to lure this monstrosity away. James smiled, "Even if this world has such rules I don't think I could ever accept that." As he spoke the tips of the crystal spikes began to refine their shape, becoming sharper and longer.

"After all," He said rearing back, preparing to run at her with all he had, "even prey has the right to live."

When he finished speaking he ran, taking off in a direction in the exact same line of sight as the other man in the tree was going with the only difference being James was on the ground.

"If you can catch me I'll give you my name Ryla!" he yelled back with a smirk.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 8:43 pm

Ryla listened to the man and watch his actions. He was spirited, that much was clear. And his spines were pretty gnarly.
"Maybe I should save him for tonight, so I can acquire his DNA," she thought silently.
She smiled as she watched him dash away, in the direction of the mouthy, armed man. Maybe she could get some fun out of this yet. A shame it was still daylight, or else she could've played around more.

"So that's the game, is it?" She ducked low to the ground, supporting herself on her arms. "Alrighty then, lets ave a go, shal we?"
She lunged at him, claws outstretched to snatch him.
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 9:16 pm

She lunged and he laughed; with a large leap, as large as a human can in this dog eat dog world, James pointed his arms at the ground. As if they were elastic appendages, the crystalline structures shot forward and stabbed into the ground; propelling him upward and out of the current reach of the giant. At the apex of the small arch he was traveling at, he gave a great leap, letting the diamond hard formations slip off.

He flew through the air for a few seconds before landing on a "low" hanging branch. "Whoa, close call," he said before kneeling for a quick second to catch his breath.

The small pillar he just made cracked and turned to a white powdery dust, extended time away from their master up. He looked down to she if Ryla had gotten back up or not. Those crystal pillars were as hard as diamonds but making so much of them so quickly takes its toll on the system. The crystals were held together with hemoglobin, vital to the body's systems and he just used a good deal of it.

With a grunt he started running again.
Back to top Go down
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Raetsu Lord Pichu

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 9:23 pm

-Meanwhile-

Danny wandered through out the Jungle, with no real sense of where he was or where he was going, to be honest he didn't even remember going anywhere to get into a place like this, more or less he felt as if he was teleported here...but his lack of direction, didn't seem to dampen his good mood about the situation. "Hm, I really don't remember the woods being this thick around these parts, Oh well guess that's mother natures way of remodelin'" He shrugged and continued on through the tropical jungle still unaware of the dangers around him...
Back to top Go down
http://pimpdaddypichu.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 5:38 am

Ryla caught herself on her arms as her prey jumped from her reach in a rather scinematic way. She followed him with her gaze and called out.

"Impressive, hun, but this is my element."
She reared upright and dug her claws into the bark of the tree her quarry had jumped into. Despite her great bulk, the tree was still several hundred times her size, and supported her easily. She hauled herself up, further into the tree, following her victim with shocking speed. She ascended further and further, stopping the moment she reached the branch her intended victim was perched on. She followed his ascent slowly, working to keep pace with him.

"Here's a tip, sweetie," she grinned, "I've been climbing trees all my life. I have one eye and the attention span of a cheese sandwich. Maybe you ought to try a bit lower, mm?"

((I recognize that Ryla's apparently had the upper hand for most of the game. Do tell me if I'm leering too close to a powerplay, as right now I'm just trying to keep it realistic.))
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:58 am

(ooc: Oh don't worry, I let you know when you're powerplaying. Powerplay is the intentional or unintentional use or control of another's character. You haven't done that yet and minor powerplaying is allowed but straight up controlling... well that's not cool at all unless you have written consent from the player. Oh and as for the upper hand thing, don't worry about that.)

James looked behind him, he could see much larger Ryla getting up onto the branch he was on. 'Great,' he thought. He really should have known better then to try and escape in the trees, she was part snake after all, but he needed to do something if that other guy; the one with the AK-47 was going to be of any use.

He had reached the edge of the branch, taking a fall from this height would kill him and it would be at least another day by his recollection before he'd be able to use his "gift" again. He was cornered and helpless, 'Is this how it ends?' he mentally asked.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:07 pm

The noise from the forest depths grew, and Wes'li strained his artificial body on to leave the area quickly. The singing had stopped, and for a few short moments he could hear quite clearly some large body moving through the woods. This struck out the idea of Faerie, though instantly placed the concept of large predator back in his head. Judging by the commotion, it was likely hunting: He'd never heard one of the beasties be loud at any other time.

When he no longer heard the sound of the large form across the ground, he figured the worst had likely happened to whatever was its prey. Poor sod. Likely didn't stand a chance. Not that it really mattered to him much; it was a stranger, and them being eaten reduced the chances of attention coming to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great Unknown.   The Great Unknown. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Great Unknown.
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next