Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HELL... AND HEAVEN!

Go down 
+14
TheLightLost
Archmage_Bael
itsmeyouidiot
TankHunter678
Byakugan01
xlrp
melancholy-melody13
Malahite
zelda31
Zoekin
Karbo
Shady Knight
gwadahunter2222
TheQuantumMechanic
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
xlrp
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:40 am

You know I've been reading the papers alot recently. And would it be a reasonable idea to go into the politics of Hell and Heaven and how each are trying to destroy one another?
Back to top Go down
http://xlrp.deviantart.com
Byakugan01
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:52 pm

Well don't they have a ceasefire right now? Also, wouldn't there be effects on the "material" reality so to speak-resulting from a build up of positive or negative aligned spirits in Felarya/other worlds depending on who won the struggles? The ghosts already about in Felarya are not exactly the thing you want to meet at any time...for the most part anyway.
Back to top Go down
TankHunter678
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:34 am

I would think that the Conversion skill is a trained skill, not an inherent or rare skill. One that possibly would require a certification to use otherwise the Angel/Demon could wind up in far more trouble when they get home then if they had the certification.

I would see it as a skill that the collectors are trained to use, not always will Heaven or Hell be able to fund their countless workers while they are out collecting. As a sort of backup.

Even if available to the entire race through training, I think the majority of Angels/Demons are just too lazy to use it or even go to a physical plane, when they enjoy where they live. After all, a demon could be tormenting some souls instead of walking around a forest bored out of their minds.
Back to top Go down
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 4:32 pm

One thing I'm curious about.

What if you're an agnostic? What afterlife would you go to then?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 4:52 pm

Quote :
I would think that the Conversion skill is a trained skill, not an inherent or rare skill. One that possibly would require a certification to use otherwise the Angel/Demon could wind up in far more trouble when they get home then if they had the certification.

conversion skill? what are you converting? for one thing I think the angels are naturally more organized than hell, since most of the demons and succubi spend their time harvesting souls.

Interesting relationship between angels and demons...

Quote :
I would see it as a skill that the collectors are trained to use, not always will Heaven or Hell be able to fund their countless workers while they are out collecting. As a sort of backup.

I'm not sure heaven or hell needs or has a currency system.

Quote :
Even if available to the entire race through training, I think the majority of Angels/Demons are just too lazy to use it or even go to a physical plane, when they enjoy where they live. After all, a demon could be tormenting some souls instead of walking around a forest bored out of their minds.

and likewise angels are feasting off the positive energy in heaven. Angels and Demons I think visit the mortal plane on rare occasions though. I'm sure heaven gets pissed if a succubus finds a way to steal the soul from the living XD

court: succubus, you are being charged with illegal soul trafficking, spit it up or we well relieve you of him...
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 12:56 pm

I hate to necropost, but I just had a question on the geography of Heaven and Hell's plane. Is it possible that Heaven and Hell, being right next to each other, could be divided only by the river Styx (or a river of some other name)? I hope I didn't miss an important detail that might answer my question somewhere in this thread already.
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 3:19 am

gt500x wrote:

I hate to necropost, but I just had a question on the geography of Heaven and Hell's plane. Is it possible that Heaven and Hell, being right next to each other, could be divided only by the river Styx (or a river of some other name)? I hope I didn't miss an important detail that might answer my question somewhere in this thread already.

While not how I see it, having Heaven and Hell separated only by a river is certainly an interesting way of separating the two.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:09 am

Well, I was thinking it might be a rather large river, large enough to place an island in it. As far as I know, Felarya doesn't have an Asphodel Meadows, or a place for neutrally aligned souls to reside, which is what that island could be. Maybe that's something for consideration.

It was just something that came to mind as I was writing last night.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 12:47 am

Well there's a theory IRL about how "hell" is really the damned seeing the love and joy that the people in heaven get to experience instead, while experiencing lots of pain themselves. Also that Hell would be bordered off of Heaven and unreachable even though they're right next to each other - adding to the torment.

Also another theory for Heaven I've heard is that it's actually on Earth, but Earth isn't in danger of anything though. Like in the "Heaven on Earth" wouldn't have any tech or be in a current existence, if you know what I'm trying to say.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:51 am

Well it's a difficult question ^^;
To be honnest I'm not totally sure myself and even at this stage, hell and heaven is not very easy to visualize to me.
I must definitely work on the geography and organization indeed.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 8:35 am

Well I have started to better define hell and demons now : http://felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Hell

I'm trying to go for something original and unique here, though I feel that some references to Dante's inferno or others representations are going to slip in ^^;
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:09 am

Indeed, it's good to see this expanded upon, it's been a bit hazy for too long.

This also reminded me of a document I started typing up earlier this year because I had seen someone saying that the heaven & hell article at the time wasn't very clear.
The rewrite part there is obviously outdated, but I also used the document for typing up some of my own ideas that may be of use.
Link here

EDIT:
Going over the new hell article, I find no mention of psychopomps. It's probably a good idea to mention them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:50 am

Mhh nice job on that. You propose interesting ideas and precisions here.
I especially like this notion of conductivity, and how a particularly strong soul would benefit the entire realm. This make sense and give even more purpose to the soul collection ^^
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:00 am

Looking at it, it's a bit strange that we have one side we refer as "demons" that encapsulate a large number of very different beings, from animal-like creatures to succubi for example, and on the other you have only "angels". So I'm going to add a page for the Ceiciels, which would be the name labeling creatures of positive energies, including angels.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:31 am

I have made a few submissions of such creatures in my own thread. I could repost them here of you'd like a refresher. I know they were referred to as Celestials, but you can simply rename them as Ceiciels.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:35 am

Wouldn't "Divine" be a more appropriate name?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:06 pm

Actually, Divine can also mean "godlike", or even beyond human, and demons, especially powerful ones, can fall into that category, albeit in a more twisted way. So using Divine as the name of a species as a whole would technically include demons as well. Celestial would be more appropriate, but at the same time, is a little generic.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 8:48 am

Shady Knight wrote:
I have made a few submissions of such creatures in my own thread. I could repost them here of you'd like a refresher. I know they were referred to as Celestials, but you can simply rename them as Ceiciels.

sure ^^
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 10:06 am

I'm only gonna repost them a few at a time. Because I'm lazy, I'm just gonna be copy/pasting. I know I used "angelic creature" a lot, but you can easily replace that with Ceiciel.

Bejaal

Threat: Low to Medium
Size: 5 to 7 feet

Bejaals are angelic creatures and physical manifestation of virtues. They are typically humanoid silhouettes cloaked in white, or light colored, with deep, piercing eyes. However, their form can also take the shape of animals, and on rare occasions, hybrid predators. They possess limited shapeshifting abilities, which they use to blend among mortals. Their shapeshifting is limited to their silhouette, thus a Bejaal with the silhouette of an eagle can only shapeshift into a mortal eagle. Savvy clerics can potentially identify Bejaals by their oddly vibrant eyes. Bejaals spend most of their lives spying humans and reporting noble souls to the higher plane, thus knowing in advance which soul to bring to the higher plane at the time of death. While mostly used as scouts, they are not to be underestimated in combat. In the very few occasions where a Bejaal is ordered to destroy an especially heinous soul, they will prove to be deadly opponents with a decent assortment of supportive spells, such as strength boost and healing, as well as strong holy magic and weapons.

Each Bejaal is atuned to a specific virtue, such as altruism and loyalty. When spying on mortals, more often than not, they search for a strong aura reflecting that virtue. Once they find one, the Bejaal will generally follow the mortal to see examples of said strong virtue. The duration varies widely, and due to their pious devotions, humanoid Bejaals are often seen as stalkers when the mortal keep seeing the same person over and over. Some manage to get around that by altering their disguise a little. When spying on a virtuous act, the Bejaal transmit the positive energy to Heaven, until Angels decide of their worth. More kinky Angels bask is the positive energy for the pleasure it brings them. In rare cases when the positive aura is incredibly strong, an Angel may decide to come down to the mortal plane to bathe in the virtuous in person.

(Sorry Jas, I had to rob your Bagallucks. ^^; )
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 5:56 am

I know I shouldn't double post, but because editing doesn't signal any changes to a thread and I want to bring attention to it, I feel obligated to go against the rules for this case.

Mhadriaan

Size: 12 ft

Mhadriaans, also known as Spirits of Fortune, are creatures from the plane of Heaven. They vaguely slender, four-armed humanoid women, with a ghostly tail instead of legs. Their skin is usually white, or another light color. They lack a nose, eye lashes, and lips. Their eyes and their mouth are a solid color to contrast with their skin. Their nickname come from the habit of seeking people with bad luck and grant them one wish. Mhadriaans are infinitely less mischievous than Genies and rarely grant wishes literally. There are restrictions on wishes, such as anything beyond their powers (like wishing for absolute power and supreme knowledge), resurrecting a dead person, or asking for more wishes.

Mhadriaans, like many Celestial creatures, are repulsed by people with bad auras, such as high greed or jealousy, and rarely, if ever, grant selfish wishes under normal circumstances. Luckily, they rarely appear before them, and most of the time, the sinful person bumped into the Mhadriaans. Mhadriaans usually corrupt selfish wishes, sometimes by granting it literally, sometimes using the lack of specific detail to add in something spiteful.

Mhadriaans possess limited foresight ability, which they use to predict the path an unlucky person will take, and hide where they will end up next. They are not to be underestimated, as people who seek to abuse their powers often learn the hard way that they possess strong holy magic (less so than caster angels). However, their form are frail, and for this reason, they try to avoid conflict as much as possible.

In spite of their rarity, Mhadriaans are most often found around ponds for unknown reasons. Along granting wishes, they also reward acts of kindness, such as making an offering. These rewards usually vary according to the offering, but usually, they enchant the person's equipment, grant them good fortune for a day, heal them, give them a special item, etc. Unlike wishes, the mortal usually have little control over that gift. In general, they can decide what equipment they want to be enchanted, but what enchantment is left at the Mhadriaan's whim.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 6:25 am

Shady Knight wrote:
I know I shouldn't double post, but because editing doesn't signal any changes to a thread and I want to bring attention to it, I feel obligated to go against the rules for this case.
You can use this trick:
First edit your previous post and add the information you need. Select all the text and copy it. Then go back to the thread vision and delete your post. After that, just make a new one and paste all the text copied. No double post and the thread is still bumped that way.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 6:54 am

Thank you for posting an incredibly obvious solution that doesn't further this thread in any shape or form, also ignoring that this will only result in the same post getting longer and less readable thanks to its size. And on that note...

Sordoa

Size: 30 ft (sometimes 2 ft)

Sordoa, Sordoae in plural, is often considered to be the Celestial counterpart to the Cerberus. They are dog-like don in glistening white fur with golden celestial markings all over them. Unlike the Cerberus, whose primary role is to prevent damned souls from ever escaping Hell, a Sordoa's prime mission is to prevent tainted creatures from ever entering Heaven. A Sordoa can shrink down to the height of a medium-sized dog, though this is only to be more approachable to harmless mortals. While a Cerberus is usually used as a walking portal, Sordoae are most often used as scouts. Instead of opening a portal for Heaven's forces to come forth, a Sordoa will instead loudly howl to the sky for Heaven's forces to arrive. Sometimes, multiple Sordoae will howl together in a song-like fashion, but it appears to be purely for communication between each other.

Sordoae can be fearsome opponents. While one can call for a celestial to descend for help, it rarely needs to do so. They have very strong muscles, are surprisingly agile, and possess strong light spells in paw.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:09 am

Shady Knight wrote:
Thank you for posting an incredibly obvious solution that doesn't further this thread in any shape or form
You're welcome.

Shady Knight wrote:
also ignoring that this will only result in the same post getting longer and less readable thanks to its size.
If you say so... I guess I'll just act as a post separator for you.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:03 pm

I like Sordoa, nice. Also, Ilceren was just trying to help you out man.

@Ilceren: don't worry about Shady. He can be sarcastic at the best of times Wink

Also I posted an idea involving a heavenly realm in my ideas thread. https://felarya.forumotion.com/t2168p105-archmage_bael-s-library-of-ideas
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 8:01 am

Ancient Sordoa

Threat: Low to High
Size: 50 ft (Sometimes 4ft)

The Ancient Sordoa is among one of the most magnificent, yet fearsome Celestial one can encounter. The Ancient Sordoa's gold marks are much more prominent and radiates a blinding glow. Many bards and poets nicknamed it the "Golden Beast". The Ancient Sordoa's roar can instill panic into its foes, and its howl, bravery and heroism in its allies. One should never underestimate their great intelligence, strength, and holy power.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELL... AND HEAVEN!   HELL... AND HEAVEN! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELL... AND HEAVEN!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next