Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread

Go down 
+19
xlrp
Shady Knight
shuchie
Malahite
Hunter
Cypress
The Nordic Ninja
Spykeofkonoha
Wario-Man
nksrocks
Davis
Sephimink|Kyle
Karbo
Rythmear
The Rev
lami
dlausactor6373
Pendragon
Sean W
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Sean W
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sean W

The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 8:22 am

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say alot of the people here like video games. This might just be a shot in the dark, but while I'm at it I'm gonna guess some of you (like me) are pumped for Smash Brothers Brawl. So since just about every forum out there now has a thread dedicated to the game I thought I'd take one for the team and start it.

I guess things to talk about would include (but aren't limited to):
Characters you're excited to see/hope to return/hope to see added
Dojo updates at Smashbros.com
E for All demo footage

Anything else I'm forgetting, let out a holler and correct me.

Other than that, let loose your excitement. I know I will. =D
Back to top Go down
http://hey-its-its-sean.deviantart.com
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 9:58 am

I am pumped for that game. (though it is second to the game I want)

There's one character I want to join. His name is Geno. He was an old character that has never gotten enough love from Nintendo.

I doubt I'll see him, though.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 10:01 am

Pendragon wrote:
I am pumped for that game. (though it is second to the game I want)

There's one character I want to join. His name is Geno. He was an old character that has never gotten enough love from Nintendo.

I doubt I'll see him, though.

Geno's in the flash Smash Kingdom, if you're interested. Funny as hell!

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/413257
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 8:52 pm

Only really intersested in Lip as a character, in honesty she probably wont make it, but either way any cute female character that isnt based on the princess deal and also doesent have a gun would be good,

honestly i like the game but im not to thrilled at its online, or that is to say i loath it.
Back to top Go down
Sean W
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sean W

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 12:48 am

lami wrote:
Only really intersested in Lip as a character, in honesty she probably wont make it, but either way any cute female character that isnt based on the princess deal and also doesent have a gun would be good,

honestly i like the game but im not to thrilled at its online, or that is to say i loath it.

Well some online is better than no online at all I think. Plus there is the ability to get created stages made by people all across the world (well Japan and the Americas until June-ish, sorry, my European brothers and sisters.) Plus with the "With Anyone" stuff, they gotta cover their asses so they don't get the stupid kids/parents saying "OH MY GOD! THERE'S A PEDOPHILE PLAYING VIDJAGAMES WITH MAH SON!" 'Cause I think Nintendo would be mus susceptable to it since they're more of a "Hey! let's all play together and have fun, lawl!" where most of the games onX-Box Live are more "HEY! LETS BE MEN AND SHOOT THINGS! YEAH! LET'S BLOW STUFF UP!" for the most part this goes for Sony's online too more or less.

I know I can't change your opinion on the subject, but I can at least try to plead the case for the Big N.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 8:44 am

Sean W wrote:
lami wrote:

Well some online is better than no online at all I think. Plus there is the ability to get created stages made by people all across the world (well Japan and the Americas until June-ish, sorry, my European brothers and sisters.) Plus with the "With Anyone" stuff, they gotta cover their asses so they don't get the stupid kids/parents saying "OH MY GOD! THERE'S A PEDOPHILE PLAYING VIDJAGAMES WITH MAH SON!" 'Cause I think Nintendo would be mus susceptable to it since they're more of a "Hey! let's all play together and have fun, lawl!" where most of the games onX-Box Live are more "HEY! LETS BE MEN AND SHOOT THINGS! YEAH! LET'S BLOW STUFF UP!" for the most part this goes for Sony's online too more or less.

I know I can't change your opinion on the subject, but I can at least try to plead the case for the Big N.

Yeah. I agree there.

It's funny how none of the onlines got it exactly right. XBOX has only shooters, SONY doesn't have as many games for now, and Nintendo lacks good online in general.

Like Felarya, though, each will get better over time. That is the magic of "VIDJAGAMES".

GENO FOR BRAWL!
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:10 am

I hate SSB. I hate them all! BURN THEM ALL! Very Mad Very Mad
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 10:37 am

Sean W wrote:
lami wrote:

no, infact they dont need to cover their asses, xbox didnt sony didnt, and even WITH nintendos effort they still got bad press over their PICTOCHAT being a tool for predators. buying into this whole BS just shows how stupid nintendo is, thats like blaming a computer manufacturer for not having built in friendcodes, theres no good reason for this and theres no excuse to use it. even ignoring that, the game uses a seperate FC list than the one BUILT into the wii for the sole purpose of replaceing the games various codes, its obvious now that wii is a success nintendo is sitting on its ass.

it probably wont matter either, since the core ammount of people who like online, play on a PC not a console.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 4:22 am

*Ahem*

The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Falcon_PUNCH_by_Coelasquid
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 5:59 am

Well, I think that's implied, Rythmear.

Still, good point bringing it up.
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 10:24 am

I think there is something wrong with their jaws... (100th post Smile )
Back to top Go down
Sean W
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sean W

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 12:42 pm

Rythmear wrote:
*Ahem*

That reminds me, I seriously hope they bring those two back. (Ganondorf with his own moveset of course)

Spoiler:
Also I've noted that Captain Falcon among the Smash community is like the Chuck Norris/Man's man/Ultimate Badass next to Snake.

What with Ness being replaced I'm getting kinda nervous (Probably for no reason, but still). Plus there Luigi to worry about for me, but then again, it wouldn't be called Smash BROTHERS without him. >>;
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 5:48 pm

Sean W wrote:
Rythmear wrote:
*Ahem*

That reminds me, I seriously hope they bring those two back. (Ganondorf with his own moveset of course)

Spoiler:
Also I've noted that Captain Falcon among the Smash community is like the Chuck Norris/Man's man/Ultimate Badass next to Snake.

What with Ness being replaced I'm getting kinda nervous (Probably for no reason, but still). Plus there Luigi to worry about for me, but then again, it wouldn't be called Smash BROTHERS without him. >>;

I get the sinking feeling they won't include Falcon - but they should logically, because Samurai Goroh is in it as an assist trophy, and Falcon has been in it since the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Sean W
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sean W

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 6:03 pm

Rythmear wrote:
Sean W wrote:
Rythmear wrote:
*Ahem*

Spoiler:

I get the sinking feeling they won't include Falcon - but they should logically, because Samurai Goroh is in it as an assist trophy, and Falcon has been in it since the beginning.

That's what they said about Ness. Although Sakurai had mentioned before that he wanted to use Lucas over Ness in Melee. Then Mother 3 got delayed so it put a damper on that plan. That's a rumor as far as I know though.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 1:22 am

That still doesn't explain El Falcone's dissapearance.

The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread TWILiGHT_PRINCESS_COMIC_by_mastafuu
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 3:11 am

Okay.

This thread is getting more and more disturbing.

Even Mario's Bee suit pales in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 3:40 am

Pendragon wrote:
Okay.

This thread is getting more and more disturbing.

Even Mario's Bee suit pales in comparison.

Very Happy I can't stop laughing
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 4:41 am

Ack poor Zelda XD
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Sean W
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sean W

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 11:43 am

Christ, even I can't fathom a response to that, witty or otherwise.

In any case, if any of you guys were hoping for some incarnation of the Blue Bomber (aka. Megaman) I feel for ya right now ('specially since I've been playing some Megaman X recently) with this article running around communities I've been to:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=32159

As for Falcon, god damnit I had a dream last night where I saw an incarnation of Captain Falcon in Brawl. If this is anything like the dream I had with me seeing Sonic in Brawl then this is a good sign, but don't quote me on a silly dream I had though. >>;
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 5:54 pm

I really hope Falcon is in it...
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 10:05 pm

On to the story, I hope the princesses make it out okay. They're always getting captured. It shouldn't end this way (damn Wario) Then again, it is Nintendo, so I'm not worrying that much.

BTW, that subspace emissary/ ancient minister seems so familiar. I think I may know who he is (but I can't say) Wink
Back to top Go down
Sean W
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sean W

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 11:32 pm

Pendragon wrote:
On to the story, I hope the princesses make it out okay. They're always getting captured. It shouldn't end this way (damn Wario) Then again, it is Nintendo, so I'm not worrying that much.

BTW, that subspace emissary/ ancient minister seems so familiar. I think I may know who he is (but I can't say) Wink

Hold on there, Eager McBeaver, depending on whose cage you damage more against Petey, it could be Peach instead of Zelda. Plus in games (like movies) there has to be a plot twist! That means everything goes wrong before you get to the happy ending. (Viewtiful Joe for Brawl, lolz)
Back to top Go down
Sephimink|Kyle
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 12:18 am

I haven't been tracking the progress of this third addition to the SSB series, but it looks epic as expected. I think I recall it originally having a release date months before it's current projection, but no harm no foul I suppose. Because I haven't been keeping an eye on developments, I can only assume that Pikachu will be in it. I love Pikachu. lol!
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 5:27 am

Of course Pukachu is in it.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 12:30 pm

Sean W wrote:
Pendragon wrote:

Hold on there, Eager McBeaver, depending on whose cage you damage more against Petey, it could be Peach instead of Zelda. Plus in games (like movies) there has to be a plot twist! That means everything goes wrong before you get to the happy ending. (Viewtiful Joe for Brawl, lolz)

Oh, I'm aware of that. It's a classic formula for games like this.

I just wonder why Lucas made it in. He was in a game that was only released in Japan.

It must've been a smashing success over there. (get it?) I wouldn't be surprised if Lucas knew the villain in SSBB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next