Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread

Go down 
+19
xlrp
Shady Knight
shuchie
Malahite
Hunter
Cypress
The Nordic Ninja
Spykeofkonoha
Wario-Man
nksrocks
Davis
Sephimink|Kyle
Karbo
Rythmear
The Rev
lami
dlausactor6373
Pendragon
Sean W
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Wario-Man
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 3:14 pm

Pendragon wrote:
And yet they still don't allow Geno into the game. Yet Lucas and OLIMAR? Forgive me for being rude, but Olimar is not smash material.

There's still a month before SSBB's release, which makes me wonder what other characters they will reveal. Maybe Mickey Mouse! Or Lilo and Stitch!

Ooh! How about Eggplant Man? Or Mother Brain? The suspense is killing me.
Originally, Lucas was going to be in Melee. And I'm already liking him better than Ness--his attacks DON'T suck ass. (I mean HONESTLY, a fucking YO-YO?) And Olimar? "*GASP*OH NO, SOMETHING DIFFERENT! IT CONFUSES AND SCARES ME!" Well, I think it's a good idea. Ness wasn't in a fighting game. Neither was the Captain. But here's the thing: people like them anyways. And Sakurai cleverly put all of Olimar's moves from Pikmin into his specials. The only thing added was the Pikmin Chain. And as for the whole "no Pikmin, no attack" bit? SUCK IT UP. Will it be THAT hard to take one second to pluck an obese purple midget from the ground? Didn't think so.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 4:08 pm

I understand that, Wario, but what is wrong with keeping all the previous characters in?

Nintendo screwed up big time on that. Removing those other characters (Falco, Dr. Mario) was a big letdown.

I can't find any excuse for this. I thought variety was a good thing in fighters.
Back to top Go down
Sean W
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sean W

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 10:46 pm

Pendragon wrote:
I understand that, Wario, but what is wrong with keeping all the previous characters in?

Nintendo screwed up big time on that. Removing those other characters (Falco, Dr. Mario) was a big letdown.

I can't find any excuse for this. I thought variety was a good thing in fighters.

Falco and Mario were clones though. I've overheard convos on Smash Bros communities and they're cool with the idea of a lack of clones. They're also alot more open for the most part with Sakurai's intents on Brawl.

Dr. Mario I can understand, 'but apparently he's an assist trophy now so he's got that goin' for him.

Falco, I dunno. They might have de-clonerized him or perhaps replaced him with Krystal. We don't know. Sakurai only said not all Melee characters are comming back. He nerver specified who.

So I say cool your jets and wait 'til either some punk loads up all the stuff from a Japanese copy or are playing the game to judge.
Back to top Go down
http://hey-its-its-sean.deviantart.com
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 11:06 pm

Yes maybe - but Captain Falcon has been in it from the beginning...

I'm not objecting to Olimar on the basis of character strength.

I'm objecting to him COZ HE'S A FUCKING DOUCHEBAG! He had one shitty game that nobody liked and all of a sudden he's an icon - wtf.
Back to top Go down
Sean W
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sean W

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 3:19 pm

Rythmear wrote:

I'm objecting to him COZ HE'S A FUCKING DOUCHEBAG! He had one shitty game that nobody liked and all of a sudden he's an icon - wtf.

... <=[ ...*hides Pikmin 2 in game stores everywhere in the used sections of your local GameStop or GameCrazy*
Back to top Go down
Wario-Man
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 4:16 pm

Rythmear wrote:

Actually, Pikmin have a HUGE fanbase. As for Olimar, I just like fighting midgets. XP I don't blame you for being pissed about The Captain. I'm a little miffed too.

Captain Falcon doesn't fall off the stage.

The stage falls off Captain Falcon.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 6:11 pm

Wario-Man wrote:

Actually, Pikmin have a HUGE fanbase. As for Olimar, I just like fighting midgets. XP I don't blame you for being pissed about The Captain. I'm a little miffed too.

Captain Falcon doesn't fall off the stage.

The stage falls off Captain Falcon.

It's funny because I've been to almost every video game convention that has ever appeared around here, up to and including the time of release of Pikmin. I hang around with people who program for a living and play games all the time, and am basically immersed in this world - I've never once met anyone in person who thought Pikmin was anything but what it is - a pile of shite.
Back to top Go down
shuchie
Helpless prey
shuchie

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 6:24 pm

it would be awesome if dark link was a charter!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/6579952
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 6:49 pm

Nah, it'd be pointless... it'd be cool to have him as an alternate costume for Link, but otherwise not a whole character.
Back to top Go down
shuchie
Helpless prey
shuchie

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 6:50 pm

Rythmear wrote:
Nah, it'd be pointless... it'd be cool to have him as an alternate costume for Link, but otherwise not a whole character.

no dude he would have like a power sheil attack or something!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/6579952
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 7:17 pm

What the smeg are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
Sean W
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sean W

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 7:49 pm

Rythmear wrote:

Technicly he IS an alternate costume...It's a color swap, but hey! It's something!

The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Technique08_071121c-l

Not glamorous, but Dark Link is meant to be a shadow of Link, right?
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 8:37 pm

Dark Link was always just a mirror of Link.
Back to top Go down
Sean W
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sean W

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 11:13 pm

Soooooo we're waiting another month basicaly...

It would've softened the blow if the stage they updated with didn't creep me right the fuck out. x_x;

Also, I heard someone say one Nintendo's phonelines that if it was delayed again then it would be for a good reason.

...well it better be a damn good reason for cock teasing us like this! D=<

Edit: 'Cause if this isn't the best game I ever played in my life...I am miffed! M-I-F-F-E-D, miffed!

Also...this stage also KINDA makes me think of Felarya...this and Rumble Falls...I'd go with Rumble Falls for a Felarya experience really. This Pikmin stage just really creeps me out that much! o_o
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:42 am

Yes - Felarya definately...

Why do I get the feeling that some particularly intense voraphiles will play that stage with the intention of being eaten >.>
Back to top Go down
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
The Nordic Ninja

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 11:50 am

That Pikmin stage looks like it could be fun, as long as that Bulborb isn't a one hit kill. That'd be ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
http://adultswimrules.deviantart.com/
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 2:15 pm

There's a good chance it is - I mean, you'd have to be pretty stupid to be eaten.
Back to top Go down
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
The Nordic Ninja

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 2:23 pm

True. Stupid or just REALLY unlucky.
Back to top Go down
http://adultswimrules.deviantart.com/
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:17 pm

Well, from the look of it, it looks like there's a whole main stage to play on, and the monsters are like emergency platforms.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:29 am

Hey, Pendragon! You wanted Geno for Brawl? Maybe you should check this out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0928380/
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:41 am

What the... why is that boring ugly douchebag going to be in this game?

God I hope it's purely for cutscene purposes...
Back to top Go down
Sean W
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sean W

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 5:00 am

I wouldn't trust it until we get confirmation from Sakurai or some guy who buys the Japanese version and unlocks everyone. That's what I think.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 5:10 am

Exactly...

I WANT MY FALCON!
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:57 am

*gasp*

How dare you speak such blasphemy! Geno was a classic. He worked with Mario longer than Sonic ever did.

NOW TAKE IT BACK!
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:47 pm

Geno was, is, and remains a lameo. I mean what is he Really - a sock puppet. An ugly sock puppet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next