Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread

Go down 
+19
xlrp
Shady Knight
shuchie
Malahite
Hunter
Cypress
The Nordic Ninja
Spykeofkonoha
Wario-Man
nksrocks
Davis
Sephimink|Kyle
Karbo
Rythmear
The Rev
lami
dlausactor6373
Pendragon
Sean W
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Sean W
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sean W

The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 3:09 pm

Rythmear wrote:
Geno was, is, and remains a lameo. I mean what is he Really - a sock puppet. An ugly sock puppet.

Actually he was a doll...or a marionette. I looked it up...on the internet. =D
Back to top Go down
http://hey-its-its-sean.deviantart.com
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 3:13 pm

My point exactly. He was a Puppet. He was a lame, boring, one-off puppet.

You might as well say "ZOMG I want Vivian to be a Brawl character coz she was a cool assistant to Mario in teh Thouzand yeers Door game!"

Get tfo!
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:28 pm

Geno was the real reason Squaresoft became famous. He was the best. Yes, he was a marionette. However, he was also like a star warrior, similar to Kirby.

You've never seen him use an attack, have you? Lasers out the wazoo.

In short, he could pwn Captain Falcon, and should be in Pit's place.

PS. Vivian was low-tier on the partner scale.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Vivian was the best partner Mario ever had.

And Squaresoft obviously isn't that great, because I didn't know what the hell you were talking about until I actually looked it up.

Just accept it - Geno is a rubbish character, I don't care HOW many lasers he's firing. Nerfingly powerful characters suck balls anyway.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 5:17 pm

Hey. He beats Ridley.

I mean, Geno deserves some respect. SMRPG made the SNES one of the best consoles of it's time. It was also Mario's first venture into RPGs.

No Geno, no Paper Mario, no three releases.

Face it. Geno has mad skills.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 9:21 pm

No - Geno is a boring douche. If anything he'd be an assist trophy.

Without him the game would have still been good.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 9:25 pm

You can't decide Geno's worth. He's been in Square Limbo for awhile. He doesn't need crap from people who don't like him. I mean, come on.

Kirby is nothing but a pink puffball, Pichu was the stupidest addition ever, Ness was just weird, and Sonic was pure fanservice. By your logic, they should all be removed as well?

But I think we're going beyond the point here. Before these posts go offtopic, let's just agree to disagree. I'd like to see Geno in SSBB, and you want Captain falcon to return.

Both are reasonable. Can't you at least agree on that?
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 9:10 am

"Kirby is nothing but a pink puffball, Pichu was the stupidest addition ever, Ness was just weird, and Sonic was pure fanservice. By your logic, they should all be removed as well?"

No - although Pichu should, because weak characters who hurt themselves are worthless.

Kirby has been a part of the franchise since the beginning, as was Ness. Kirby has starred in numerous games, ranging from Nintendo 64 to Gameboy and even Gamecube.

Ness was a character who was very popular in the games country of origin and has appeared in more than one locale, and Sonic was legitimately bought out by Nintendo and was placed in the game due both in part to popular demand, AND because two of the most recognizable gaming icons ever deserve a chance to battle.

Geno appears exclusively in Super Mario RPG in any sort of capacity, he is not a well recognized icon - and indeed the average gamer on the street would greet you with a puzzled look if you mentioned him. I just asked the fellow next to me "Do you know who Geno is?" and his response was "Pfft - No" - which pretty much proves my point.

"But I think we're going beyond the point here. Before these posts go offtopic, let's just agree to disagree. I'd like to see Geno in SSBB, and you want Captain falcon to return."

No doubts there.

"Both are reasonable. Can't you at least agree on that?"

Both what? Both desires? I believe the desire to see the return of Falcon is reasonable based on his appearance in the earlier series - and I believe you believe Geno deserves to be in it because you think he was a cool character in the one game he actually made an effect on.

You can't have one-off characters who almost nobody knows appearing in games like this. Olimar was bad enough, but Geno would just be pushing the bill WAY too far. If they were going to do something that obscure you might as well make Mumbo Jumbo a character because he was cool in Banjo Kazooie. It's just wrong!

That said, come to think of it, Banjo and Kazooie wouldn't be Bad characters to have in the game.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 10:13 am

Whatever. Geno would make a good addition, regardless of what you think.

He'll always surpass Captain Olimar.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 10:29 am

At least on That we can both agree......

Olimar makes Geno look like a worthwhile character.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 11:56 am

Yeah. In fact, what type of guy fights with walking plants anyway?

Tell Miyamoto to get off the shrooms before making a game.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:13 pm

More like - tell Mario to get off the shrooms Razz *hi5*
Back to top Go down
Sean W
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sean W

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 5:51 pm

Pendragon wrote:
Yeah. In fact, what type of guy fights with walking plants anyway?

Tell Miyamoto to get off the shrooms before making a game.

Whatever he's taking give me some! Sean wants money and acclaim now! D=<
Back to top Go down
http://hey-its-its-sean.deviantart.com
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 10:12 pm

Olimar doesn't even fight himself, he's too useless for that.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 1:06 pm

I read somewhere that Geno (or someone very much like him) had a cameo in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga.

Oh, and, before I forget, here's something for all you Midna-haters and/or Geno-lovers out there.

The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Love_at_First_Fight_Ver__2_by_Nintendo_Nut1

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 1:09 pm

Geno for Brawl! He's so awesome he can blow up Japan with sheer awesomeness. On a more serious note, it's a sin to miss Brawl. I wish I had a Wii. ;_;
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 1:10 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
Geno for Brawl! He's so awesome he can blow up Japan with sheer awesomeness. On a more serious note, it's a sin to miss Brawl. I wish I had a Wii. ;_;

I take it you saw that flash too? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 1:16 pm

^^ Yep!

Snake: Du du du du du, I am Snake du du du du and no one can find me... AND NOW YOU'RE DEAD! *snap neck*

Pure Gold!
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 2:09 pm

Just so you all know, there's another picture of Midna and Geno that is a follow-up to the previous one, but showing it here would probably cause an uproar. Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 3:08 pm

That picture was pure gold.

I bet Rythmear will likely hate it twice as much.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 3:35 pm

Glad you like it, 'cause your going to love this one!

The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 In_the_Star_Specked_Twilight_by_Nintendo_Nut1

Again, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Back to top Go down
Hunter
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 6:34 pm

I probably shouldn't say this, and don't hold me to it, but I saw a video of the Brawl site hacked and

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://X89.deviantart.com
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 9:28 pm

Pendragon wrote:

You're right.

Don't know why the picture was for Midna haters - she's not in a bloody mess on the ground so it's not satisfactory.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 9:39 pm

Rythmear wrote:
Pendragon wrote:

You're right.

Don't know why the picture was for Midna haters - she's not in a bloody mess on the ground so it's not satisfactory.

It was just to annoy you guys, but obviously it didn't work. No
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 11:32 pm

It has Geno and Midna being happy, so it amused everyone else but just made me grumpy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread   The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Oblitigary Super Smash Brothers Thread
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next