Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?

Go down 
+72
kikijonson
Nickonaquamagna
luke112
Solomon
sadisticnerd
L'Ryn
11cookeaw3
11cookeaw1
ZakirFormosa
Byakugan01
xlrp
Tuc135
Darkfire destiny
FalconJudge
Reptillian
Demon Lord of Pine trees
TothinKornoT
Malis
ericnthered123
lostmyself
Tankmasterxyz
Goldclaw
Zillachary
vegeta002
lami
beefy
jurodan@gmail.com
S-Guy
TheQuantumMechanic
MegaDan5
Amaroq
Delicious Kevin
/Fish/
Warrior3000
A-Eadie
neko-pet
Nervan
Grissecon
TenakuMihara
Oldman40k2003
togaoki
rcs619
observer88
Mickilla
Raveolution
mangamastermind
veeshan123
Googlememan
ChaosEmerald2
Siafu789
Ravana3k
Haar
servomoore
Feign
WesleyDragonstorm
Sephimink|Kyle
Silent_eric
Mentalguy
Raetsu Lord Pichu
mikeimp
dreadis
Icalasari
Karbo
Zoekin
Ewin
dlausactor6373
Pendragon
gwadahunter2222
GREGOLE
Malahite
Shady Knight
melancholy-melody13
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:31 am

Its All 19 wrote:
If I ended up in Felarya.

Step 1: Be amazed at the fact that I am actually in another world. Then remember what actually lives in said World.
Step 2: Find a hiding spot. Then assume a fetal position and panic/ freak out sobsob (but not crying, thats for wusses). Emerge from hiding spot several hours later.
Step 3: Man up, grow a pair, and begin to work my way in a direction that seems like the right way to go.
Step 4: find guns (they make me feel better), preferably guns that are powerful/illegal to own on Earth (grenade launcher and Barret .50cal anyone?). And maybe some C4, hell Id settle for some flashbangs. If possible find some kind of futuristic gun from another world, yay! cheers (portable railgun-sniper rifle, laser cannon, lightsaber?)
Step 5: Stay away from large bodies of water. "There's always a bigger fish."
Step 6: Find & Befriend a pred that actually gives humans a chance to befriend them.
Step 7: (if I have my laptop) offer it and my cellphone to Anna in exchange for protection. Offer Crisis some sweet, delicious candy (if I have some), I mean she's gotta like candy more than people right? No
Step 8: pray that my genious survival plan had worked and, uh...live happily ever after? scratch

note to self: create a Felaryan character (some kind of pred) so I could turn to them for safty and not die a horrible, horrible death. study
Good, epic good idea. Realistic, too.

Your best bet is to get to:
a) The Bowl, where Cypress is at.
b) Frost Peak, and the Miratan base.
c) Negav near the Ascarlin mountains.

The problem is, a) do you have a map of Felarya, b) can you tell where you are when you arrive, and c) can you actually get there safely.

BTW, I have one question for everyone - what if all the humans were suddenly evacuated from Felarya for 10 years?
Back to top Go down
observer88
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
observer88

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:53 am

Raveolution wrote:
BTW, I have one question for everyone - what if all the humans were suddenly evacuated from Felarya for 10 years?
Haven't you asked that before? Bur if you insist, preds would change their diet to whatever else is avilable.
Back to top Go down
http://observer88.deviantart.com/
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:34 pm

observer88 wrote:
Raveolution wrote:
Haven't you asked that before? Bur if you insist, preds would change their diet to whatever else is avilable.
What is available then? If you move all the humans, elves and nekos off planet, all that's left are giant and near-giant preds who would at least give Nagas lots of trouble.

Such a move would seriously upset the food chain.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 11:49 am

Raveolution wrote:

There was a thing on this in an older thread. Mainly, it depends on if Predator's will start to shift into an agricultural society or not. If so, they can survive with much less impact on the planet. Otherwise, the ecology will be mucked up somewhat.
Back to top Go down
togaoki
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 12:22 pm

Sorry to dirut any conversations going on with this post ><'''
I would just say that I would do any combination of the following
1: be absolutely surprize/amazed
2: freak out and break down ('I don't wanna be digested! T.T')
3: try and find a way out ASAP, before anyone coms along and finds me to be a snack ^^'''
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 5:58 pm

Malahite wrote:
Raveolution wrote:

There was a thing on this in an older thread. Mainly, it depends on if Predator's will start to shift into an agricultural society or not. If so, they can survive with much less impact on the planet. Otherwise, the ecology will be mucked up somewhat.
There are a few preds who can and do grow their own stuff. But apparently a naga, for instance, NEEDS to feed on xx humans a day to be healthy or sated.

The fastest way to kill them, if that's true, is to take the food out of the equation.

The question of the day is... how does Rin survive?
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 5:46 pm

Raveolution wrote:

Obviously, she actually died due to the magic that caused her to grow fast, but her friends must have used a pseudo-necromantic magic (since necromancy doesn't exist on Felarya, according to the wiki) to give her some semblance of life. Being dead she no longer needs to eat people to survive, and since only pseudo necromancy was used to bring her back to life, she doesn't seem to need to eat "braaaaiiins..." either.

Or maybe some preds don't actually "need" to eat people to survive. Maybe it's like how humans can survive without eating meat, but they have to take supplemental vitamins or eat a lot of weird food to get the required nutrients. Perhaps people are walking and talking vitamin pills to preds? Smile

Nah, I like my "Zombie Rin" theory better. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 6:01 pm

me too XD
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:48 am

Oldman40k2003 wrote:
Raveolution wrote:

Obviously, she actually died due to the magic that caused her to grow fast, but her friends must have used a pseudo-necromantic magic (since necromancy doesn't exist on Felarya, according to the wiki) to give her some semblance of life. Being dead she no longer needs to eat people to survive, and since only pseudo necromancy was used to bring her back to life, she doesn't seem to need to eat "braaaaiiins..." either.

Or maybe some preds don't actually "need" to eat people to survive. Maybe it's like how humans can survive without eating meat, but they have to take supplemental vitamins or eat a lot of weird food to get the required nutrients. Perhaps people are walking and talking vitamin pills to preds? Smile

Nah, I like my "Zombie Rin" theory better. Razz
When did someone cast magic on Rin and cause her to die? Did I miss something in the wiki or is this a canonical story posted in the forum?
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 4:40 am

Malahite wrote:
Raveolution wrote:

Yeah, since ALL PREDS seem to bottleneck their diet right around humans, elves and nekos, my obvious solution is to remove humans, nekos and elves out of their reach. (The last person out would give <pick your annoying Pred-with-a-name> the middle finger before hauling his butt through the portal.)

If the Guardians retaliate because Felarya NEEDS humans/nekos/elves then they're stuck in a lose-lose situation (fancy putting Guardians in that kind of conundrum hahah): let them escape and ruin the eco system, or kill them for trying to escape, and ruin the eco system because everyone is now seeking to escape being eventually eaten anyway. Death in some stomach or death by firebolt, oh well. Might as well run for safety.

For the Preds' sake I hope they can survive on nuts and berries hahah!

The look on Crisis' face when she realizes she can no longer obtain any squirmy treats would be priceless.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 5:50 am

Well unless you can change the very nature of Felarya ( suddenly having it no longer able to connect to other worlds in all the universe ) or change the very nature of humans ( greed and taste for exploration ) I don't see how it could work.

And Raevolution, I am not sure you saw the message I wrote in the "How Far Is Too Far For Crisis" thread, but I find your tone a bit agressive and provocative in general... I'll be grateful if you tone it down to keep discussions nice and healthy... ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 7:01 am

Karbo wrote:
Well unless you can change the very nature of Felarya ( suddenly having it no longer able to connect to other worlds in all the universe ) or change the very nature of humans ( greed and taste for exploration ) I don't see how it could work.

And Raevolution, I am not sure you saw the message I wrote in the "How Far Is Too Far For Crisis" thread, but I find your tone a bit agressive and provocative in general... I'll be grateful if you tone it down to keep discussions nice and healthy... ^^;
Which message was that? I dunno what you mean by aggressive or provocative. I'm a network security expert, my whole life is knowing exploits. I see a universe like this and I see exploits = survival. Sorry, it's instinctual. Is that what you mean?

As for Felarya connecting, can preds invade other planets that way? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:46 pm

Raveolution wrote:
When did someone cast magic on Rin and cause her to die? Did I miss something in the wiki or is this a canonical story posted in the forum?

One of the later Rin stories on Deviantart had her involved in an unpleasant incident with some magic crystals. They caused her to grow from little human sized Rin to "naga size" Rin in a very short period of time, much faster than her skin and other organs could grow to keep up, and they began to tear and shred and fail. With magical healing and something the fairy did (I forget exactly what, but it had to do with those crystals that caused the problem in the first place) Rin survived. My joke was that the "Offical" story is just a cover for what *really* happened, which I say was "Rin actually died, but was raised as a pseudo-zombie."
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 9:51 pm

Oldman40k2003 wrote:
Raveolution wrote:

One of the later Rin stories on Deviantart had her involved in an unpleasant incident with some magic crystals. They caused her to grow from little human sized Rin to "naga size" Rin in a very short period of time, much faster than her skin and other organs could grow to keep up, and they began to tear and shred and fail. With magical healing and something the fairy did (I forget exactly what, but it had to do with those crystals that caused the problem in the first place) Rin survived. My joke was that the "Offical" story is just a cover for what *really* happened, which I say was "Rin actually died, but was raised as a pseudo-zombie."
Very interesting - from a survival standpoint it's good to know if she's got any vore in her at all, and if so, how NOT to provoke it. At least you can occupy yourself with other concerns if she's nearby you and is not a vore threat!
Back to top Go down
TenakuMihara
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 5:25 pm

It's an interesting thing to consider, seeing as how 9 time out of ten you're likely o be eaten as soon as you get there. However if I were one of the lucky 1/10 I would seek other humans and hope they would be able to offer me the protection of their group. If I were to encounter a predator I would probably be screwed very fast. The only possible exception is Crisis because I have been told I have an excellent narrating voice and I could maybe try and convince her not to eat me by sharing stories >.>
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 5:28 pm

I think I got one chance to survive in this place, it's finding Echo. However, she could be anywhere, so I'm still screwed. Another chance is meeting Caroline, but it may only be a scenario where only she get spared thanks to her humor. I just got no chance of surviving here. Wait, I still got Misty... nahh, it won't work if she's hungry.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Grissecon
Tasty morsel
Grissecon

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 6:58 pm

Get distracted by something shiny, only to find my self shortly inside something's belly.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:14 am

TenakuMihara wrote:
It's an interesting thing to consider, seeing as how 9 time out of ten you're likely o be eaten as soon as you get there. However if I were one of the lucky 1/10 I would seek other humans and hope they would be able to offer me the protection of their group. If I were to encounter a predator I would probably be screwed very fast. The only possible exception is Crisis because I have been told I have an excellent narrating voice and I could maybe try and convince her not to eat me by sharing stories >.>
Yup, the first thing I'd do if I landed in some random place out there is haul my rear end like I was Federal Express. Air Jordans, for real!

If you land there without a map, bend over and kiss your ass goodbye - you might even see Crisis rushing up on you in the process.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:59 am

Raveolution wrote:

If you land there without a map, bend over and kiss your ass goodbye - you might even see Crisis rushing up on you in the process.
Speaking of such, if death is unavoidable, go out with some style.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 10:41 pm

Malahite wrote:
Raveolution wrote:

Speaking of such, if death is unavoidable, go out with some style.
Preferably with a very large explosion in <insert well known and feared Pred here>'s mouth so that your name will be etched in the annals of history. Evil laugh
Back to top Go down
Nervan
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Nervan

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:12 am

Unless you're lucky enough to land in a pred-protected human or Neko community, beneath a Hydra tree that hasn't eaten recently, or inside of Xarmaroch's temple, chances are you're screwed-on-arrival. Particularly if you, as Raveolution said, land without a map.

Given that one of the most dimensionally-unstable areas of Felarya is the edge of the Miragia forest, and Katrika hunts there specifically for unprepared new arrivals, your chances are pretty good that you're going to be her victim. Especially since she can sense the disturbance created by your arrival.

What would be nice would be to end up like Jora, and wind up on Felarya much larger than you were originally, or perhaps as a different species. But since the OP specifically stated human, I'm guessing that's not happening.

Basically, I'd hope I landed somewhere favorable or fell "victim" to a Jora-esque shift in size on arrival. Knowing me, if I landed more than a couple days from the nearest human community, I probably wouldn't survive the trip, even assuming I knew what direction to go.

EDIT: OK, rereading a bit more of the Wiki, I'd probably be even more screwed. Apparently, all preds of Felarya have a "6th sense" about prey, allowing them to roughly locate a victim even when other senses fail. This is mentioned in Léa's profile, as Subeta apparently made her an amulet that allowed her to escape this sense.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 12:08 pm

Nervan wrote:

EDIT: OK, rereading a bit more of the Wiki, I'd probably be even more screwed. Apparently, all preds of Felarya have a "6th sense" about prey, allowing them to roughly locate a victim even when other senses fail. This is mentioned in Léa's profile, as Subeta apparently made her an amulet that allowed her to escape this sense.

I think the Predator needs to be actively searching for the prey, though, or at least aware that something was there just a moment ago.

Location is a big importance, yes, though odds are you'll die from something smaller than a big pred (Since they tend to be spaced out over some distance). Adventurers killing you and looting your body, arriving near some Spine Beetles / Tree Frogs, some Kensha Beasts* catching your scent, all 'wonderful' things likely to happn.

* Have fun here, at least a Predator gives a slight chance of friendship or relatively quick death. Enjoy being torn limb from limb.
Back to top Go down
neko-pet
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
neko-pet

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 5:33 pm

hmmm, I don't know...first I'd probably look around asking "Where the hell am I?" Then, when I finally figured out where I was, I'd starting screaming "Oh shit! I'm in Felarya!" most likely attracting all sorts of preditors on my ass which would most likely end in my doom.

If I ran into any Felaryan preditors, I'd like to run into Crisis. She's hot, playful and, out of all the preds there, I'd prefer her to eat me...though I'd probably start in on stories of my world, hoping that she'd get interested and decide that I'm too entertaining to eat...fat chance of that though. lol
Back to top Go down
A-Eadie
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 4:43 am

I would be almost certainly doomed unless I were to meet Anna in a good mood, or Jade. If I manage an immediate survival, I would try to make my way to Negav or the Jungle Bowl, and find work to keep myself surviving long-term. I would probably not leave the area for fear of predators. (but I would try to get some high-powered weapons or artifacts 'just in case')
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:14 am

A-Eadie wrote:
I would be almost certainly doomed unless I were to meet Anna in a good mood, or Jade. If I manage an immediate survival, I would try to make my way to Negav or the Jungle Bowl, and find work to keep myself surviving long-term. I would probably not leave the area for fear of predators. (but I would try to get some high-powered weapons or artifacts 'just in case')
I'm leaning toward the Jungle Bowl - a dusk nymph was known to raid Negav. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next