Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?

Go down 
+72
kikijonson
Nickonaquamagna
luke112
Solomon
sadisticnerd
L'Ryn
11cookeaw3
11cookeaw1
ZakirFormosa
Byakugan01
xlrp
Tuc135
Darkfire destiny
FalconJudge
Reptillian
Demon Lord of Pine trees
TothinKornoT
Malis
ericnthered123
lostmyself
Tankmasterxyz
Goldclaw
Zillachary
vegeta002
lami
beefy
jurodan@gmail.com
S-Guy
TheQuantumMechanic
MegaDan5
Amaroq
Delicious Kevin
/Fish/
Warrior3000
A-Eadie
neko-pet
Nervan
Grissecon
TenakuMihara
Oldman40k2003
togaoki
rcs619
observer88
Mickilla
Raveolution
mangamastermind
veeshan123
Googlememan
ChaosEmerald2
Siafu789
Ravana3k
Haar
servomoore
Feign
WesleyDragonstorm
Sephimink|Kyle
Silent_eric
Mentalguy
Raetsu Lord Pichu
mikeimp
dreadis
Icalasari
Karbo
Zoekin
Ewin
dlausactor6373
Pendragon
gwadahunter2222
GREGOLE
Malahite
Shady Knight
melancholy-melody13
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:13 pm

Very true, but not the majority of fruits are that way. If even on Felarya there were fruits THAT poisonous, don't you think more travellers would die that way (I mean, most would still get eaten, of course) and that you'd see thier bones occasionally? That could be a big red flag for "poisonous or not". Check the vacinity for bodies. A predator would probably avoid eating the carcass of something that died from poison...
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 5:05 am

then you would still be dead, you know.
Back to top Go down
http://snicer.deviantart.com/
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 9:11 pm

... I think there's a miscomunnication... if you would find bodies around the tree, then you don't eat the fruit... or do I not understand what you mean (which is highly likely)? I don't get things quickly... help
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:00 am

FalconJudge wrote:
I don't get things quickly... help

i know the feeling dude.
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 11:40 pm

But seriously, what did you mean?
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 3:14 pm

FalconJudge wrote:
But seriously, what did you mean?

well this started as a way to survive i think, i'm not sure either to be honest^^
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 9:28 pm

Hey, you're right. Guess it wasn't such a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 1:57 pm

HeHe Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mentalguy
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Mentalguy

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:26 pm

I'd use my combat training and mapping skills to keep me alive.
Back to top Go down
http://mentalguy15.deviantart.com/
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:28 pm

Quote :

Combat training vs. an 80 ft monster with intelligence matching or exceeding that of a human coupled with probably the equicivalant of an entire human lifetime's worth of experience. I get the strangest feeling that it wouldn't go that well.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:55 am

FalconJudge wrote:
Quote :

Combat training vs. an 80 ft monster with intelligence matching or exceeding that of a human coupled with probably the equicivalant of an entire human lifetime's worth of experience. I get the strangest feeling that it wouldn't go that well.

Depends on how much equipment he starts with. Also, never underestimate a lone man behind enemy lines with a compass.
Back to top Go down
Mentalguy
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Mentalguy

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:09 pm

Malahite wrote:

Depends on how much equipment he starts with. Also, never underestimate a lone man behind enemy lines with a compass.

yup. and you'd be suprised what a 5.56 or 7.62 can do in a well placed group.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:15 pm

I would head towards the Jungle Bowl(if I wasn't already there) carrying lots and lots of fire so plants couldn't kill me and well, I would live with Cypress for the rest of my life.
Back to top Go down
Mentalguy
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Mentalguy

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:22 pm

Thinking about it, I would lose any gear that i wouldnt need, try to make myself as fast as possible.
While i'm moving i would probably stay away from the treeline, the trees, brush and grass would slow me down.
I would act like the enemy already knows I'm there, face it, most preds probably will know you're there.
stay quick and agile, keep on the alert. dont bother hiding, they can find you anyway.
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 9:56 pm

You're right, speed is crucial.
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 7:30 am

FalconJudge wrote:
You're right, speed is crucial.

i would go as far as say speed is all that matters^^
Back to top Go down
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:00 pm

Daejien wrote:
I would head towards the Jungle Bowl(if I wasn't already there) carrying lots and lots of fire so plants couldn't kill me and well, I would live with Cypress forever
you wont die unless your killed

What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Funnyanimesub
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 3:49 am

If I found myself in Felarya?

I'd make a run for Negav City. All I'd have to do is make it to Negav City. That's the hard part in Felarya... making it to Negav frickin City.

If I make it, I'll join whatever group defends travelers against Preds, learn their tactics, secure some equipment, and start a business selling to the Delurans. The Delurans need weapons that don't rust, and that need translates to profit and loyalty.

At the same time I'll hire myself out to protect small towns that are known to have been targets of Great Preds, making sure to secure what I need for the type of Pred that typically hits them. After sending a few Preds packing, I'll rinse and repeat with other towns, and build up a reputation. Plus I'll train the smarter towns folk on how to defend themselves and make their town "reasonably undesirable targets".

Then I'll go back to the people at Negav City and identify those who are being forced to leave due to overpopulation. I'll get them to a town that is reasonably undesirable for preds to attack, and at the same time advise all these towns that we need to unify in order to adequately protect ourselves. It's easy to unify humans if you are winning their battles for them.

I'd also establish trade routes; hardly anyone will be trading when they're at risk of being eaten by a Pred. I'd do this by hiring mercenaries and luring bandits into taking up mercenary security force roles. Privateers, if you will. Bandits like going legit when they can make a steady income that's safer - being alive to spend their pay does mean something. I'd be betting strongly on that. Bandits turned mercs can then help me clear trade routes of Preds.

At the same time I'm also feeding kickbacks to the Magiocrats. I'm sure they respect money; this should get me a lot of mini/rechargeable Psi'sol crystals for the various towns.

It can't be Godly difficult to convince one of them to spill the beans on how the Main crystal was made... and make a duplicate. It'll take a while but I'll be working that angle 24/7. Somebody up in there is bound to be mentally vulnerable. And... if the Magiocrats managed to make one huge Psi'Sol crystal - if they can figure it out, someone else can. It's the nature of knowledge that if one can know something, someone else can learn it independently, too.

When I have the method to build a full fledged Psisol crystal, I quickly install one in EVERY town across Felarya, and rechargeable crystals on all caravan and convoy routes, while my mages and scientists work hard on designing a personal crystal that's portable by one person and capable of stopping a Great Pred a few times before being recharged.

By now the Delurans should be ready to revolt in order to claim their life above ground. I'd help them win simply by making their rulers obsolete - their rulers would have no power to keep them trapped underground, and they'd live in the sunlight without fear of any preds.

The first time there's any fighting between humans, the crystal gets removed from both warring towns; a day of living in fear of Great Pred attacks should put an end to their fighting.

Once all that is done my next step is to establish a huge mage's academy to foster a rapid upward spiral in human mastery of magic.

Everyone loves to keep their children alive. Help them do so in a world where so many of people's daughters and sons die, and they'll love you forever. You can bet your life on that.

You just have to make it alive to Negav City.....
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 9:28 pm

I'd take high crime rates over digestion any day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 5:46 pm

The Jungle bowl would be the best place, as Cypress is a kind and caring figure and I would try to become one of her "children"
Back to top Go down
Byakugan01
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 4:23 pm

I would go for the jungle bowl or try and befriend a naga or mermaid. If I found myself in the ocean I would make for the city of Ryzelm'oire, if possible. Failing either, I would try and befriend a drider or naga, preferably one that was not hungry. Just ask it to chat, and if by some miracle I did not get eaten then and there I would try and find what it liked. Of course, if it didn't like stories then I would be screwed, but if it like that-or poetry, to an extent-then I might be able to befriend her. Since I somehow doubt I'd be able to make it to the bowl if I landed near the great tree or in a similar place. I'll be honest and give myself survival odds of 20-30%. Maybe 50-55% if I happened to be carrying around one or two of my favorite fantasy books/trilogies and the one I ran into liked long stories. Ideally I would come out near the bowl and make it in, but I have a feeling that would be a longshot.

As for why I wouldn't bother to go for any other cities? Let's be honest, I wouldn't have a damn clue as to which direction I should go in! Which coupled with the tendency for people who are lost to go in circles would mean that without a very large friend I would get gulped sooner or later. As for fire...somehow, to me lighting a fire in the felaryan wilderness sounds like a very, very bad idea. I think the preds probably view it as a kind of smoke signal..one that says "dinner" even better than one of Gunther's bells.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 3:40 pm

FalconJudge wrote:
I'd take high crime rates over digestion any day.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why caravans/convoys would rather put up with bandits than Great Preds.
Back to top Go down
Raveolution
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Raveolution

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 3:47 pm

Daejien wrote:
The Jungle bowl would be the best place, as Cypress is a kind and caring figure and I would try to become one of her "children"
I guarantee you that your first day there will be quite harrowing.

Cypress has to eat, and the 40 foot Giant Marsh Viper is her favorite dinner.

A 40 foot long creature in her stomach takes a while to digest and dissolves quite noisily, given any credible law of chemistry and physics.

Her stomach is going to sound like one giant bubbling friggin cauldron from the outside while she's digesting this marsh viper.

You as a newb will hear this from quite a distance and most newbs will probably turn vegetarian after crapping their pants a few times.
Back to top Go down
ZakirFormosa
Tasty morsel
ZakirFormosa

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 9:20 pm

Try my best to survive but i'm not very good at that...so i'd probs get eaten somewhere during the first three minutes...o.o
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 2:36 pm

ZakirFormosa wrote:
Try my best to survive but i'm not very good at that...so i'd probs get eaten somewhere during the first three minutes...o.o
not very confident, are we^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next