Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?

Go down 
+72
kikijonson
Nickonaquamagna
luke112
Solomon
sadisticnerd
L'Ryn
11cookeaw3
11cookeaw1
ZakirFormosa
Byakugan01
xlrp
Tuc135
Darkfire destiny
FalconJudge
Reptillian
Demon Lord of Pine trees
TothinKornoT
Malis
ericnthered123
lostmyself
Tankmasterxyz
Goldclaw
Zillachary
vegeta002
lami
beefy
jurodan@gmail.com
S-Guy
TheQuantumMechanic
MegaDan5
Amaroq
Delicious Kevin
/Fish/
Warrior3000
A-Eadie
neko-pet
Nervan
Grissecon
TenakuMihara
Oldman40k2003
togaoki
rcs619
observer88
Mickilla
Raveolution
mangamastermind
veeshan123
Googlememan
ChaosEmerald2
Siafu789
Ravana3k
Haar
servomoore
Feign
WesleyDragonstorm
Sephimink|Kyle
Silent_eric
Mentalguy
Raetsu Lord Pichu
mikeimp
dreadis
Icalasari
Karbo
Zoekin
Ewin
dlausactor6373
Pendragon
gwadahunter2222
GREGOLE
Malahite
Shady Knight
melancholy-melody13
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Mentalguy
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Mentalguy

What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:04 am

GREGOLE wrote:
I know what all of you would do. Run around in terror and hope I come along and bail your asses out of it. Since, you know, I actually have a plan. XP

I'll remember that when I'm saving your ass. A Marine can bail thier own ass out.
Back to top Go down
http://mentalguy15.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:13 am

Quote :
I'll remember that when I'm saving your ass. A Marine can bail thier own ass out.

Forgive me, then, if I put my money on the guy who took the time to secure superhuman size changing and bioelectrical powers. You know... me. XP
Back to top Go down
Mentalguy
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Mentalguy

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:51 am

GREGOLE wrote:
Quote :

Forgive me, then, if I put my money on the guy who took the time to secure superhuman size changing and bioelectrical powers. You know... me. XP

And I will put my money on the guy that lives in the real world. You can try and say that you would use magic or powers, but in the long run, I'd be better off.

Like every Marine, I am a rifleman. I train every day on the best ways to fire a weapon. Also I am a combat weapons expert, it's part of my MOS, I can make what I need in felarya. I also have survival training, which i doubt anyone here has.

I know you are probably kidding, but I'm not.
Back to top Go down
mikeimp
Hero
Hero
mikeimp

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 12:29 pm

Mentalguy wrote:
GREGOLE wrote:
Quote :

And I will put my money on the guy that lives in the real world. You can try and say that you would use magic or powers, but in the long run, I'd be better off.

Like every Marine, I am a rifleman. I train every day on the best ways to fire a weapon. Also I am a combat weapons expert, it's part of my MOS, I can make what I need in felarya. I also have survival training, which i doubt anyone here has.

I know you are probably kidding, but I'm not.

Heh you must be like Rambo Smile
Back to top Go down
http://Michael-son-of-goku.deviantart.com
Icalasari
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Icalasari

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 12:34 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
I know what all of you would do. Run around in terror and hope I come along and bail your asses out of it. Since, you know, I actually have a plan. XP

Oh? Would you like to say that to Mrn Nauca (Pronounced Meren Enocka)? I am sure it would be me and her saving your ass
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 12:35 pm

Well, it's settled.

If I'm stuck in Felarya, and I'm out of luck, I'll go to you for survival training. I know how efficient the marines are. They are hardcore.
Back to top Go down
Mentalguy
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Mentalguy

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 12:46 pm

Pendragon wrote:
Well, it's settled.

If I'm stuck in Felarya, and I'm out of luck, I'll go to you for survival training. I know how efficient the marines are. They are hardcore.

Hoo-ah
We are the best.

It's said that the Gaurdians are all just Marines. That is how badass the Corps is.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 1:46 pm

Quote :

In the real world, one rifleman <<< the average Felaryan pred.
Because if we found ourselves in Felarya, it becomes the "real world". In that sense, magical powers and the like DO exist.
I already have a plan to secure a measure of those powers for myself, mister rifleman! Do you? XP
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 2:16 pm

Don't forget that marines are also very strategic. (at least the ones I know)

They can survive even in the midst of battle. A pred won't really be that dangerous to them.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 2:32 pm

Pendragon wrote:

They can survive even in the midst of battle. A pred won't really be that dangerous to them.

I agree but how many marines will survive after an attack surprise of a predator Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 2:38 pm

Why did I ever made my OC distrustful of humans, he wouldn't care about me if I met him. Oh wait, I know all about him, so I could befriend him by teaching him about his powers. And I could also become more active in Felarya, since its ground can fix bones over time, I could have a straight spine again, a sword, a gun and maybe learn magic. Tough part would be to befriend him, if I screw up, he'll kill me; he hates hypocrites and would think I'm a dirty scum trying to use him as a permanent "Get Out of Food Category Card". Yeah, I'm screwed.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Mentalguy
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Mentalguy

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 2:42 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Pendragon wrote:

I agree but how many marines will survive after an attack surprise of a predator Very Happy

You would be suprised. I've personally been in a battle where it was 50:1. Honestly, compared to that, I would chose to take on Crisis then 500 Iraqis again.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 4:13 pm

Mentalguy wrote:
You would be suprised. I've personally been in a battle where it was 50:1. Honestly, compared to that, I would chose to take on Crisis then 500 Iraqis again.

I'm very surprised Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 4:23 pm

Well, since most of my characters are kindly(ish) and trusting and adventurous, I'd stay away from them. Seriously, eff that. Xak would unknowingly lead me into danger "Aw, come on Eric, it's raining, let's go into the cave" Ira would shrink me and eat me when Xak wasn't looking. As for the Tanith, Lijah fething Cuu would stab me in the back. Multiple times. And any of the other ones would help me a long as I could keep up. Which wouldn't be long. Buddy would probably get me killed in a similar way to Xak. Only Jon would keep me around. "But that's only cause then I don't have to be faster than the naga, just faster than Eric. And I could walk that fast." Jon's such a jerk.

Therefore, my expert plan for surviving Felarya is as follows.
Step one: Don't camp at night. Ever.
Step two: Never camp. Stay away from camps.
Step three: Fire is not your friend. Well, sometimes it is, but smoke isn't.
Step four: Always tip toe.
Step five: If you can swing it, music, books, or technology can always be used as bribes/distractions
Step six: Height doesn't help. Tree branches are linear, and have no room for maneuverability. Just look at what happened to Ana
Step seven: Travel light; seriously, a sword won't be that useful. They've seen it before, and know how to disarm you
Step Eight: Try to look unappetizing, Smear mud over yourself. At the very least, it'll buy you time to escape as the pred goes to wash you off.
Step nine: Try to head from protected place to protected place towards the Dimensional Portal outside Ur Sagol.
Step Ten: You’re probably screwed anyway. They know your there. Don'trun like an idiot, but don't try to sneak all slow either.

All in all, my key to success in Felarya would be confidence. And should I actually meet a hungry sentient predator, I'll use my substantial knowledge of movies, books, songs, and comedy, and pass them off as real stories. "Wait Crisis, before you eat me, I'll tell you a story. A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away..."
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
Ewin
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Ewin

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 4:36 pm

Silent_eric wrote:

Therefore, my expert plan for surviving Felarya is as follows.
Step one: Don't camp at night. Ever.
Step two: Never camp. Stay away from camps.
Step three: Fire is not your friend. Well, sometimes it is, but smoke isn't.
Step four: Always tip toe.
Step five: If you can swing it, music, books, or technology can always be used as bribes/distractions
Step six: Height doesn't help. Tree branches are linear, and have no room for maneuverability. Just look at what happened to Ana
Step seven: Travel light; seriously, a sword won't be that useful. They've seen it before, and know how to disarm you
Step Eight: Try to look unappetizing, Smear mud over yourself. At the very least, it'll buy you time to escape as the pred goes to wash you off.
Step nine: Try to head from protected place to protected place towards the Dimensional Portal outside Ur Sagol.
Step Ten: You’re probably screwed anyway. They know your there. Don't
run like an idiot, but don't try to sneak all slow either.

All in all, my key to success in Felarya would be confidence. And should I actually meet a hungry sentient predator, I'll use my substantial knowledge of movies, books, songs, and comedy, and pass them off as real stories. "Wait Crisis, before you eat me, I'll tell you a story. A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away..."

Yup thats it, You just wrote the perfect guide to attempting the impossibility of survival in Felarya. Nicely written.
You kinda ended it bad though, explaining Star Wars to someone like Crisis, you wouldn't get past "Galaxy far far away..." before she lost interest and swallowed you.
Back to top Go down
http://elvenskies.deviantart.com/
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 5:09 pm

But it wouldn't be explaining it. It would be telling it like it really happened. Maybe by pretending your Luke or something. You'd just have to be a really good storyteller.
Eh, but whether it works or not it's a funny idea. And she does like stories. >-> But the overall point is, most of the more intelligent predators in Felarya enjoy some kind of recreation. And if words slip your mind when looking at a giant naked naga or something, then The End for you. So a cool unflappable attitude is most important I think. Of course that won't help against a Kensha Beast or some other unintelligent beast. But when it comes to that, run and use smarts to escape.
Back to top Go down
Ewin
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Ewin

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 5:34 pm

True true, if your a great storyteller and manage to captivate a naga within the first few moments then you might stand a chance. But its still a pretty slim chance, from the point of someone like Crisis laying eyes on you (Which will be quite a bit before you lay eyes on her) she has already decided your just a cute little thing that goes into her belly which feels nice.

As Karbo wrote regarding Crisis - "Get out of the 'food catagory' between the moment where he is caught and the moment where he will be eaten. In short, being very convincing very Fast"

Star Wars aint gonna convince Crisis, she swallows television sets because she thought a person was in it. Although telling stories have saved some like Léa, she could also sing which might help.
So telling stories have worked before, hmm now if only I could write stories. Time to go scribble.
Back to top Go down
http://elvenskies.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 5:48 pm

Don't forget, just because it worked once doesn't mean it will work again. Crisis better not eat my laptop, I have noobs to make fun of with it.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 6:18 pm

What's the internet capability in Felarya? Is there good Wi Fi or is the connection slow? Also, there's probably a lack of electical outlets in the jungle. It's the only thing preventing me from using the persuasive power of videogames to befriend every predator I meet. Well, that and having too small controllers. Although they can always use the original x-box controllers. *bum dum pish*
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 6:25 pm

Well, if Anna can make a TV work without a plug (and given the size difference too) maybe Internet can.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 6:46 pm

I'd say that due to the dimensional instability, you'd actually have better connections than anywhere else, as well as being able to browse sites from other dimensions. At least until you get eaten for looking at Delurayan porn or something instead of your surroundings. (I mean if Ana looks like that, and she's just a scout, how must their models look? Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:08 pm

GREGOLE wrote:
Yes, well, partially. I would try not to run in terror, but I'd likely need you to bail me out of trouble unless I could go one of two paths:

1) Othem actually turns out to be one of the Emperor's many Avatars. I ascend to Sainthood, and the nature of Felarya prevents my body from burning out within the standard decade. I run around, psionically incinerating my foes, protecting the weak (believers), and just live a good life in general.

2) Daemonhood. Not that crummy Succubi stuff, I mean the good stuff. Sure, for my own safety I'd need to Vacate Felarya before any of the Guardians noticed me. Though who cares when I can just take the Portal to some universe of my choosing and be a God. Of course, seeing as this would require killing people, being a prick, and centuries / millenia of servitude, ascending to Sainthood is all the more likely.
Back to top Go down
Sephimink|Kyle
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 1:53 pm

I'd probably act all stealthy in hopes of coming across a familiar face, then screaming in horror and running for my life if I saw anything that I knew would kill/eat me. Of course, I'd probably try to spectate the creatures if they didn't notice me (real-life things like Cat-girls or Nagas or pretty much anything else there? Who wouldn't be fascinated?)

In short, I'd probably wind up in the stomach of something large, unfortunately. I'm not too crafty in times-of-need.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:16 pm

Quote :
Yes, well, partially. I would try not to run in terror, but I'd likely need you to bail me out of trouble unless I could go one of two paths:

1) Othem actually turns out to be one of the Emperor's many Avatars. I ascend to Sainthood, and the nature of Felarya prevents my body from burning out within the standard decade. I run around, psionically incinerating my foes, protecting the weak (believers), and just live a good life in general.

2) Daemonhood. Not that crummy Succubi stuff, I mean the good stuff. Sure, for my own safety I'd need to Vacate Felarya before any of the Guardians noticed me. Though who cares when I can just take the Portal to some universe of my choosing and be a God. Of course, seeing as this would require killing people, being a prick, and centuries / millenia of servitude, ascending to Sainthood is all the more likely.

Aaaaand... you have an actual plan to acheive either of these effects? <<
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:33 pm

GREGOLE wrote:

Aaaaand... you have an actual plan to acheive either of these effects? <<
Daemonhood? Yes. You see, the Dark Gods tend to listen quite actively to those who seek them out. How they keep their grip on mortals. I just follow their commands, do things to support them when not commanded, help to expand their power in the realm of mortals, and eventually they will bless me with either Daemonhood or Spawnhood. It is actually much, MUCH more complex, but I'd prefer not to go into it.

Again, that will take centuries / millenia of being a prick, so (while the much more favored of the two) this is unlikely.

Other relies on my Imperial knowledge to be correct, but if so I simply must do good deeds in his name until my dieing breath. Martyrdom is the quickest way to (revival and) sainthood.

There really isn't much else I could do, other then [again] slip through a portal to the Culture. If I ain't getting a sheer abusage in amount of power (Which of all the things I can think of only Daemonhood of the uber type provides) I am NOT casting aside my human form. If the Emperor isn't Othem, my chances of become a saint are nil.

I have no character I can rely on for help, no forumite here besides you would really offer me a chance of survival better then 'near nil' in any other way then "safety in numbers", there's not many fictional realms I'm acquainted with that are pleasant to live in (Because odds are that by the time I find a portal my absence from Earth would have changed too much against me) and teleport to, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?   What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What would you do if you somehow found yourself in Felarya?
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next